Saturday 31 October 2009

My Jumping Test :

Its fairly basic - but the idea was to try and keep it that way. I did use a reference, but it was a live action one, it was photo's taken by the artist/photographer Eadweard Muybridge.

I figured, seeing as though I still had to make his 7 or 8 photographs into 24 frames, i still had to do most of the legwork, and still spent three quarters of an hour jumping like a kangroo from one end of my room to the other. As well considering basically i had to draw the poses in the 7 or 8 photographs he'd taken too, I think its based on - not plagarised.

Don't get me wrong, it is heavily... HEAVILY based on Muybridges work and i'm not going to try and pan it off as completely my own, I've definatly given him credit. So don't get all ITS STOLEN... WAH!

Things I'd change, well for a simple test, i don't think i'd change that much.

The end of the jump is off, he slides across the floor slightly. So, I'd more than likely correct that.

Also I'd probably have done a couple more tests if i'd had time, but i just wanted to get the basic knowledge in. Although on reflection I think I may have missed a part by referencing photographs, because I didn't get to tackle the sort of 'life drawing' element, which other people did drawing the positions of themselves or friends jumping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment